The High Guilds as the most influential of the various guilds regarding magic within Zelandia. There are currently Nine High Guilds, each roughly corresponding to one of the schools of Arcane Magic and related subjects.
The High Guilds:
- The Shieldmage’s Hall – Focusing largely on abjuration; as well as other spells that protect the user or others. guild members occasionally sell their services as covert bodyguards or caravan guardians.
- The Guild of Summoners – Focusing on Conjuration magics; as well as binding magics and the study of extraplanar entities.
- The Circle of Seers – primarily focusing on divination magics; as well as astrology and astronomy.
- The Society of Enchanters – Focusing on enchantment; as well as occasional research into Bardic practices. Members tend to be theatrical and dramatic,
- The Order of the Elements – focusing on evocation and the study of raw magical phenomenon.
- The Brotherhood of the Unreal – Specializing in illusion. Possibly even more dramatic (some would say melodramatic) than the Society of Enchantment.
- The Guild of the Moon – Focusing on Necromancy, Warlockery and other forms of “Dark” magic.
- The Guild of Change – Focusing on transmutation.
- The Spellseeker’s Guild – A Guild seeking to catalog all known spells